Canton Dem Club Endorsements:
School Board (3 positions open) 6 yr: Endorsed – Patti McCoin, Doug Brooks, Patricia Mullen
Library Board (6 positions open) Endorsed – Nancy Eggenberger, Hassan Ahmad, Paul Talwar, Tom Hartnett, Jane Pandit
Schoolcraft: (2 Positions Open) – Endorsed – Bill Erwin
Circuit Ct: Endorsed – Mark Slavens (Incumbent) Endorsed – Brian Morrow, Matt Evans, Regina Thomas
Appeals Ct: Nicole James, Cynthia Stevens
Supreme Ct Seats- Endorsed: Deborah Thomas, Frank Szymanski
Ballot Questions – Resa Millage: Vote Yes – Regional Transport: Vote Yes
President: Endorsed – Hillary Clinton
Congress: Endorsed – Dr Anil Kumar
State Rep 21: Endorsed – Kristy Pagan
State Rep 20: Endorsed – Colleen Pobur
County Commissioner: Endorsed – Nate Smith-Tyge
State School Board: Endorsed – John Austin, Ishmael Ahmad
– Supervisor – Endorsed – Dr Taj
- Treasurer – Endorsed – Dian Slavens
- Clerk – Endorsed – Michael Siegrist
- Trustees: (4 Positions Open) – Endorsed – Steven Sneideman, Sommer Foster, Dhaval Vaishnav, Anne Marie Graham-Hudak
Thanks for visiting the Canton Democratic Club! Yes, Democrats in Canton do exist — in fact, we’re growing in number each year.
- We promote Democratic ideals via monthly meetings with Topic Speakers, Article Discussions, Forums and Issue Groups. We hold social events, like the Dessert with Dems Picnic event and the annual Pasta Party (formerly Spaghetti Dinner), where we can have some fun and get to know one another.
- We help recruit and promote good Democratic candidates for office, giving them training, guidance and financial support.
- We organize issue drives where we let our thoughts be known to local, state and federal legislators.
- We do charity outreach on the local and national level — we raised about $2,000 for the American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life of Canton and collected donations for the PCCS clothing bank.
We’d love to have you join us. It’s not expensive. Cost is $20 individual, $35 family (including kids under 18), $10 students/seniors (over 65).
We’re moving the conversation forward, and we’d love to have you join us.